I suggest you ...

Text blocks

Not just alphabetic shapes, but a full text input tool for text blocks, captions, etc. This would allow standard text design options such as fonts, font size, spacing, kerning, etc. I would very much like to use Assembly for diagrams and poster designs, and this is very difficult without a full featured text tool.

136 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kerim Friedman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andreas Paleologos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanna use this app as for making custom social media poster templates. Text is definitely an important part of that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I was just about to post a new suggestion but found that it's already been suggested , very handy and creative tool . Only lacking of text ,
        Waiting for the update

• Jibly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be cool if you could open downloaded fonts in Assembly and have them added to the library of fonts.

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a very good idea to add this!! I was wondering why it wasn't added yet. Oh and could you look at the one I posted please?

• Moo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! I have just discovered how useful this little gem is for "fiddling around on simple logo ideas" but sorely miss a. textual support and b. copy paste between documents as mentioned below.

IF you are planning textual support I hope that you add all Google Fonts (free fonts) so we can use at least a variety of fonts and even better perhaps be able to "import" .ttfs etc to the app through dropbox / google drive. That would be amazing - especially now that I more and more rely on my new ipad pro "on the road"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great feature. Glad to hear it is being considered. Would also be great to be able to copy and paste between documents.

Feedback and Knowledge Base